Thursday, February 21, 2008
Archlinux Guide for the Completely Weak at Heart (me)
I still haven't gotten around to giving arch a try. I really do plan on giving it a go, though. CD in hand, setting my laptop to boot via optical drive, I was ready. Turns out my Arch disk was corrupted. I ended up spending the last bit of the night downloading/burning the disk which I, of course, verified to work before I hit the hay.

There really is no reason to not give Archlinux a try as long as this newbie guide is in existence. C'mon. How much simpler could it get? There's even a section entitled "About Daemons." One of the only reasons I was hesitant to install up until this point was because of my lack of knowledge related to daemons. Now, with the newbie guide at my side, maybe tonight's the lucky night.