Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Ever the student
I was looking up linux e-books the other day and found one for bash scripting. Now the only thing I have to do is actually take the time to read it.

I also learned that automounting devices is a tricky task that only gnome-volume-manager can pull off right now. If you hadn't noticed, I'm not the biggest fan of gnome-everything, so I'm still on the lookout for something that 1.) Isn't gnome centric, and 2.) Doesn't require so many dependencies (though I'm fairly sure no matter where I turn to there will be dependencies to deal with).

I guess I could sum up this post with the following: I'm learning the harsh realities of linux in that most developement is weighted by Ubuntu+Gnome/KDE.

Edit: I'm also planning on installing Archlinux on my laptop in the near future. You know, for testing purposes.