Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Euh EDIT: EUH!
So I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing with my laptop. Since wireless doesn't work with ndiswrapper under arch OR with b43 (also under arch), and I don't really want to downgrade the kernal and blah blah blah, I may end up just doing a fresh 'bunt install and rip out all the non-essential daemons. Not too sure though, since I like the customization of arch. I suppose I could always install a gnome desktop over arch...

I'm a bit frustrated with whoever works on the b43 modules. I don't know the official name for em, but here's an excerpt from that one link I posted earlier in relation to why the b43 module doesn't work with the latest kernel.

EDIT: STOP THE PRESSES! In my search for that link I posted earlier, I FOUND A SOLUTION! REJOICE!

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=341133

The actual answer is this post: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=341133#p341133

The only reason it wasn't working before: ORDER. ORDER MEANS EVERYTHING.