Thursday, September 4, 2008
To use or not to use?
So I gave chrome a whirl the other day while I was booted into Windows. I thought it was... ehh... It's was ok. The memory usage far surpassed that of firefox, which made me really disappointed. It's still a Google product though, so I will probably end up using it anyway. The only thing that I'm kind-of turned off by right now is the tricky Eula that everyone was complaining about and it now supposedly "fixed". We'll see.

Speaking of being booted into Windows, I had managed to grab a beta account for Ryzom. Holy cow is that game fun! I don't know what my friend was talking about... that game is as much fun now, if not more fun, than it was last year.

Also, college is happening, hence the lack of posting. This year's going pretty well so far. The mpd/nfs/samba/ssh server is up and running beautifully. My roommate and I pop open sonata and just share an equal sound system. No problems with that as of yet.

ALSO ALSO, I finally took the time out to find out how to keep my /etc/resolv.conf static from the hands of dhclient. All that had to be done was create a file /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks with
make_resolv_conf() {
echo "doing nothing to resolv.conf"
}
in it. Bam. No more wicd messing with my openDNS servers.

I've also been waking up early to run with my roommate. He's taking the Somethingawful Nike+ challenge. He's in the top 7 as of now, so that's pretty exciting. Not really Linux related, but I thought that'd be note worthy, as well.