Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I'm home for one day and already--
I've already been put to work putting Arch on my mother's computer. Windows was slowing down her computer to a stand-still and, frankly, she was sick of it. I'm going to dual boot just because her beloved printer won't work under Linux. Friggin' Lexmark.

I set her slow computer up with Openbox, stalonetray, and wbar (thus far). I'm going to find another program for her task bar so she can see what she has open. Unfortunately I wasn't too pleased with how wbar operates. Perhaps I just need to toy around with the settings a bit but, as it stands, there's little to no indication that one has clicked and successfully started opening a program. This can be a bit annoying when the computer is a bit sluggish with delayed gratification of clicking something.

I didn't bother to put on Windows yet. I'd been working on it for the better part of the day today when I realized I'm suppose to be on break. Any sane person would be relaxing now, so I think I'm going to do the popular thing and do nothing today and tomorrow (Thanksgiving).